Sunday, February 21, 2016

Giving up......Should you or should you not


     Have you ever thought that question...Should I give up? I know a lot of people probably have at least once in their life time. I know I have asked that question myself on countless occasions. There have also been people who have even said, "I give up, I am done!" That could mean many things right? Like I give up, I am done with living life so I am going to attempt suicide and end my own life, or I give up, I am done working for this job or this boss so I am going quit or I give up, I am done with having to go school its too hard and it is not right for me so I am going to drop out.
    Those are just some of the example of when people have said that they give up. I know that there have been time, since starting my new job at Tyson, that I have thought about giving up and quitting, but I have had to stop and think, "Do I really want to give up and quit this job?" "If I do give up and quit is it really going to be the right decision to make?" And I ultimately talk myself out of quitting. There have even been time that I have said I give up, I am done living my life. I will admit that I had thought about committing suicide just before my sixteenth birthday. Up to that point, I had been through so much and I had so many voices floating around in my head and personally attacking me, that I didn't know what to do. I had no one to talk to at the time, the voices that were in my head kept taking over the one true voice inside my head that personally for me, that I knew I had to do something and the one thing that came to mind was suicide. So that was the only thing that my own personal voice would think about while I was being attacked by the other voices that were in my head. I had truly given up, but hadn't acted on them (thank goodness now). I was lucky enough I had one person who helped me get out of those thoughts.
     I guess that yeah in a way when I was sixteen that I had given up, but I hadn't really truly given up. As I look back now I can say that yeah I didn't completely give up just because I knew, in the back of my mind that something better would come along and that I would be happier than I was back then. I know at least one person-and I won't say who, but they know who they are-that has wanted to give up on life, but I take it that without, not only the help of those who love them, but with the help of thinking of that one reason why they held on so long and the thought of who they may or may not leave behind if they had given up was what stopped them from giving up.
    Things may get hard, but don't give up because of it. There is always another way around those hard things and those hard times. Just remember that you are not alone in those hardest times in your life and that there is almost always someone right there behind you ready to catch you and to help you and help you get past those hard times and hard things in your life. For anyone who is going through things and want to give up, I beg you PLEASE don't give up, yes it may seem hard and may seem like the only option, but it is not the only option. Don't be afraid to ask someone you love or someone you trust to help you, there is ALWAYS someone out there that is willing to help no matter what things you want to give up on.

Much Love to all my friends and family who are always behind me 100%. Thank you all for believing me and helping make sure I don't give up on something that I shouldn't give up on.

No comments:

Post a Comment