Friday, November 6, 2015

Family

 

Family:
              Noun, 1) a basic social unit consisting of parents and their children, considered as a group, whether dwelling together or not: (the traditional family). 2) a social unit consisting of one or more adults together with the children they care for: (a single-parent family). (http://dictionary.referance.com/browse/family)
 
      Has any ever thought about the meaning of a family? I know I hadn't really sat down and thought about the true meaning of family or really got a good look at what it may look like until I met my family here in Arkansas. I have asked a few of my friends on what the number one thing of importance was to them on relating family. These were the two things of importance to them; one was togetherness and wanting to be together and love each other and second was interaction with each other. I agree with both that family true does need the togetherness and that the need interaction; where else would we be if we didn't have family who wants to stick together through thick and thin and who doesn't have any interaction with each other? I know a lot of families really don't have that togetherness and interaction with each other and I know it is sometimes difficult to have them both.
      I have been doing a lot of thinking lately and I know that if I didn't have the family I have now and I didn't feel the love I feel from them, then I would be miserable and my life would be in this very very dark place. I know I have been to a few dark places in my life(as short as it has been) and I know if I didn't have the family I have then I probably wouldn't have made it out of those places by myself. Family to me is have parents, siblings, extended family behind me no matter what life tends to through at me and having those family members be loving and compassionate towards me as I am towards them. I couldn't be more blessed to have such an amazing behind me and to feel as loved as I do.
    To my family I love you all
 

No comments:

Post a Comment