Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving

Noun
1. the act of giving thanks; grateful acknowledgement of benefits or favors
2. an expression of thanks
3. a public celebration in acknowledgement of devine favor or kindness
4. a day set apart for giving thanks to God

        Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I hope everyone is being safe this Thanksgiving. I know that this is the first Thanksgiving that I am actually able to semi help cook thanksgiving dinner, but then again there is only three of us having thanksgiving dinner together unlike the past. I was looking up online a couple days ago on the history of Thanksgiving and I had read that Thanksgiving had been scheduled on the last Thursday of the month and then in 1941 there was a bill that had been signed making Thanksgiving the fourth Thursday of the month.
        What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving? This year I am thankful that I have been given the opportunity to experience new things and to have been able to move to Arkansas to be closer to family. I am thankful for having such loving parents, who love me more than anything else, I don't know where I would be without the love of my mom and dad. I am also thankful that the Lord hasn't called my mom home just yet and that he has given me another day with her and her love and wisdom. I love you so much mommy.
       Happy Thanksgiving again everyone. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment