Friday, December 11, 2015

Christmas Season

     The Christmas season is upon us. We all know that the moment that Thanksgiving dinner is done and Black Friday sales begin then all hell breaks loose. Left and right you see people out shopping for gifts for their loved ones and you see the Christmas lights being hung with care. I love this time of year, not for the presents that are neatly wrapped with love and care under the Christmas tree, or the decorating of the house to make it more festive, but the being with those who love and truly matter to me the most. Yes the presents are great and viewing the decorations are sometimes spectacular, but what is the true meaning of Christmas?

       Christmas' true meaning is not that of selfishness, but that of love. It says in John 3:16-17, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." We all gather together to share love, laughter, joy and many other feeling this time of year brings, but we also gather to remember that we are set from sin and that the price of our sin has been paid in full by our Lord and savior. This marvelous act of love that God has displayed to us is the true reason we take time each December to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
    Like I said before, I love this time of year. Yeah, I haven't seen the first snow fall like others have, but you know what I don't need snow to enjoy the holiday season. I don't need to have a Christmas tree or decorate the house or bake cookies and pies and all the other festive goodies that always seem to come around this time of year. But I do know one thing I do need this time of year and all year long for that matter, that is to have those who love me and care for me either in my heart or right by my side. I couldn't see spending this time of year without those who truly mean the most to me.
     May you all have a Very Merry Christmas and I hope you all are safe where ever you are spending this time of year. May the Lord bless your heart and your family with Love, Hope, Peace, Joy, and lots of Laughter this Christmas Season. I love you all and have a safe Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment